Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, 9 September 2017

Review: The Girl Who Came Back

The Girl Who Came Back The Girl Who Came Back by Kerry Wilkinson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

You can find all my reviews: http://sueandherbooks.blogspot.co.uk/

Well, well well, this one had me unexpectedly gripped from start to finish where I resented moving from my comfy chair to enter 'real life'.

This take place in a small English village, just a little community of people, and whoosh, this child Olivia goes missing. Right from her own back garden.


Of course the village people rally around and go in search the the missing 5 year old.
But coming up to time thirteen years later, Olivia turns up alive and well causing a huge stir among many of the village occupants; as you can imagine.

Her Mother accepts that this girl standing before her is her long lost daughter who she always hoped and maintained was still alive.

The enstranged Father is also a bit apprehensive.

Alongside runs a story of Lily who is living with her Dad, but, how are these two families entwined?

There is an awful lot to digest here which keeps your reading juices flowing and just as you think you are getting somewhere, you are not. Its pleasantly exhausting to be kept on your toes like this.

The words flowed well, the pace I found was good and in between the reader was able to take a small breather before ploughing on.

You never knew who to trust in this book, you thought you did, only to be fooled.

I sat and thought about this subject matter long after I read the last page, really is food for thought.

I received my copy via Bookoutour on Net Galley

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment