Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, 14 July 2017

Review: Two Sisters

Two Sisters Two Sisters by Kerry Wilkinson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Two Sisters by Kerry Wilkinson published by Bookoutour is a most stunning latest novel of intrigue and beguiling twists from this author. I never think this author can do better, but this one really did draw me in and make me forget whatever was going on around me.

I adore the cover, and I really loved this plot in this book.

Megan was 10 years old when her brother Zac went missing. Now a century on she gets a visit from the Police saying that her parents have been in a fatal car crash. Megan has a sister Chloe who is studying away and so they don't get to see each other often, but they need to go clear out the summer home that their parents had. So much to do, clear it out, clean it up and put it up for sale. A lot to do for two young people.

But that is not the only reason for Megan to return, she received a postcard a few days ago with the signature Z for Zac on it. Of course this stirs up a lot of unrest. Zac was never found so is he out there somewhere even now?

Megan has an eating disorder which becomes explicitly obvious early on. I felt for her, she had the raw deal growing up I thought and some issues. This has left her with very big mental health and emotional anguish which also becomes clear, there is a tenderness in Megan and I grew to quite like her as well as Chloe.

On and around the Island we see there are two sets of groups, the ones that live there and the youngsters who spend their summer there whilst their rich parents are jet setting around the globe.

I am not sure which is the more strange, the ones that life there or the young folk who visit, its clear that is lots that went on that Megan needs to find out so she asks lots of questions which sort of isolates her a little.

Its an intriguing story that will grow and grow and widen out so that there is so much depth within it you fall right in.

I have to thank Bookoutour via Net Galley for my copy

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment