Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, 15 July 2017

Review: A Mind To Kill

A Mind To Kill A Mind To Kill by John Nicholl
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I have had the privilege of reading all of this authors books. As soon as a new book of his comes out I finish reading the book I'm on and jump right in because I've learned to love his style of writing and the insight and ability he has to get inside the mind of his characters which then means he breathes air into them, thus, making the reader envision them as real people no matter how horrid some of them turn out to be.

We have Detective Inspector Gareth Gravel know as Grav.
It opens where he needs to impart some bad news to a couple.

Having a terrible unforgivable crime happen to your young daughter then despite all the interviewing and the going over and over of what happened, the CPS say there isn't enough evidence. And despite Grav knowing that justic hasn't been done, there isn't a single thing he can do.

We get to know the girl, the daughter who has now grown, left home, but has she got over and come to terms with her past?

Herein lays the story that is so awesomely told to us readers we will be flicking page after page.

"Just one more chapter" will be the statement of many a reader who reads this book because once you start, you can't relax.

This keeps you on the brink right the way through, well, it did me.

The chapters are quick and snappy so suddenly you are almost at the end.

Love the ending.

With this authors incredible talent, the way he can draw on his experiences in his prior work, the wheels of his ageless mind churning out such reads, I can honestly say I look eagerly to his book, after book, after book.

If you love audio I expect he will bring it out in that too as he did his previous books and with the voice of what I've heard from his other books it's so well done.

This is an author who likes to write and jump just a little over the edge sometimes to keep his readers gasping.

I love that!

View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for taking the time to read and review my new novel on your brilliant blog, it's appreciated. I'm so glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete