Saturday, 27 May 2017

Review: Watching Edie

Watching Edie Watching Edie by Camilla Way
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I don't know why I didn't get to this book sooner. I certainly wish I had of done. It's a great premise, fabulous plot and twists that kept me spinning.

The thing is, the author drips enough that you need to keep reading and sniffing where the final trail leads you. It's a guessing game what "happened" so you're shouting " come on, what was it".

Edie is new in the area. Happy in her own skin. A social kind of person, fits in with anyone, pretty too and attracts attention although she's not aware of this and neither does she use it to her advantage.

Opposites attract.

Heather is the first friend she makes.
Not very social, doesn't mix easy. Over weight and she has some background.

Edie is happy with her new friend.
Heather is too.

It's a dark complex read for many reasons. It certainly kept me awake reading into the early hours when I should have been asleep.

I'm trying very hard to not give spoilers away. Once you have read this you will understand why.

The last book I read by this author I loved. I wondered if she could at least nail it again for me.
Yes! She did.
She can't write fast enough for me. I just loved it.

My thanks to the Harper Collins UK via Net Galley for my copy and also to Goodreads for my paperback copy which I shall treasure.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment