Friday, 17 March 2017

Review: Ten Birthdays

Ten Birthdays Ten Birthdays by Kerry Wilkinson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This was a book I couldn't wait to get into. I love the cover of this it was so inviting to me.

I wondered how the title of the book would tie in with the theme, it wasn't too much of a way into the book when you learn how fitting the this title is.

Poppy lives with her Dad. They seem to have a great relationship I thought.

When Poppy turns 16, her Dad produces a letter from her Mother who died a few years prior. Both of them miss her very much.
Her Moms legacy was for her to open a letter each birthday from there on until the tenth letter had been read.

An absolutely gripping read which is quite uplifting in some respects. How her Mom although wasn't physically there to tell her these things and have a mother and daughter chat, she could still feel 'not alone' and alienated from her dear mom.

Loved this book, made a lovely change from the thrillers I have been reading lately.

I will definitely be looking out for more from this author.

My thanks to Bookoutour via net galley for my copy to read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment