Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, 11 March 2017

Review: The Stolen Child

The Stolen Child The Stolen Child by Sanjida Kay
My rating: 5 of 5 stars


How did I miss this authors first book Bone by Bone.
Because this latest thriller is so dam good.

The cover first attracted me, then the blurb.

Zoe and Ollie have this little 7 year old daughter who they adopted. They love just as much as any biological parents would.

When they thought they couldn't have children of they're own, along comes little Ben. It makes no difference in the love they equal out and care for with each child.

But Evie starts getting gifts left hidden from her parents from her Real Daddy.
When this is discovered of course all sorts of reasoning has taken hold in Zoe's mind. Is it her real dad? Could it be a child abduction in the making, someone preening her little girl for their devious desires?

What makes this compulsive reading are also the chapters of where you get the thoughts and what's happening, what that "person" is feeling periodically within chapters.

There are several I thought of who could have been the "villain" and I was so positive that I was right.
It's not until the last when you say "oh heck! I can see that now" The twist is so secretive it's really well hidden to guess correctly.

The emotions, the doubts. Everyone is Zoe's suspect. Everyone seems to be in the frame at some stage. After all, isn't the culprit one closest the family? Evan a parent?

An absolutely enjoyable read.

I want to thank the author and Kirsty, Publicity Director at Atlantic books for my copy.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment