Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, 22 March 2017

Review: The People at Number 9

The People at Number 9 The People at Number 9 by Felicity Everett
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I live in number 9 but we are nothing like this family I hasten to add lol

The people at number 9 were an intriguing couple.
The suburban families this book touches are sometimes confusing. I've tossed between a 3 or 4 star rating for me personally. Some I'm going to sit on the fence with a 3.5.

The first half of the book was getting to know the characters. That was fine.
Gary and Lou has just taken up residence next door to Sara. Sara wants to introduce herself but holds back while she finds courage to do this.

Gary and Lou are eccentric exciting and at times plain weird.

But Sara finds them interesting intriguing and beguiling.
Sara's friendship with another neighbor she was close to wanes because of the attraction she has for her new neighbors.
Her husband Neil also spends time with them. They have children in common, school runs and Gary and Lou seem to be attracted to Sara and Neil for some reason too.

At times, I need to say I got lost in the haze of it all. The author had a struggle to find me again and pull me in to continue to read.

I stuck with it. For me it's an ok book verging on interesting and couldn't put down.

Like one of those films you need to watch until the end but don't know why!

My thanks to HQ on Net Galley for my early copy I volunteered to read.

I predict this is going to be a controversial book in likes.


View all my reviews

1 comment: