Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, 4 March 2017

Review: My Sister and Other Liars

My Sister and Other Liars My Sister and Other Liars by Ruth Dugdall
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I'm not ashamed to say that I'm a big fan of Ruth Dugdall. Her writing is superb in that she has a unique way of drawing you in from the start.
I know I'm in for a fabulous read with a fabulous theme.

This is an author that will take a subject matter that others may find uncomfortable but compulsive reading for the reader.

We have Jenna who has been hospitalised due to not only her anorexia but her past. She's convinced she's bad.

There starts her long journey of not treating just the anorexia but the cause. It's an unsettling, emotional and sometimes angry frightening journey. She's hot to tell her story.

Then there is her sister that was attacked and left with disabilities.

Behind this is Mum and Dad and a few other characters relevant.

I really was so dam close to thinking I knew the ending. So very close.
But The author just jumped one foot ahead of me. She tricked me. What a fabulous book, what a great way of taking a controversial subject matter and turning it into a compulsive read that just blew me away.

It's undoubtedly reached into my top 10 of this year.

Thank you to Thomas & Mercer for my copy via Net Galley


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment