Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, 4 December 2013

Pay It Forward by Catherine Ryan Hyde

Pay It ForwardPay It Forward by Catherine Ryan Hyde
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I am so happy to be a part of Catherine Ryan Hyde's read and review team in the UK. I love her books and look forward to each one as she releases them.

This story was different to some of the books she has written about as in style of writing. I found it fascinating to read it from all angles, and from Trevor's point of view as a child.

I think most reviews have expressed what the book is about, and the extra challenge that was weaved in, Trevor taking this seriously did a superb job to change the world. I kept thinking "out of the mouths of babes" another cliche was " from small acorns big trees grow".

Its not often a book leaves me in tears. The last 30-40 pages just made me cave in. I was so reading between the tears in my eyes.

Catherine Ryan Hyde has such a unique style about her, there are a few authors that can do this. They move you to tears, passion, hate, fear, emotions that you have they can bring out in you. If an author can do this, they are doing their work properly, as life evokes emotions. So should books.

I felt quite enpowered after I read this, quite sad too. I knew why it had to end this way, there was no other way to do it.

Thank you Catherine for another amazing read.

View all my reviews

BLURB

The story of how a boy who believed in the goodness of human nature set out to change the world.

Pay It Forward is a wondrous and moving novel about Trevor McKinney, a twelve-year-old boy in a small California town who accepts the challenge that his teacher gives his class, a chance to earn extra credit by coming up with a plan to change the world for the better -- and to put that plan into action.

The idea that Trevor comes up with is so simple and so naïve that when others learn of it they are dismissive. Even Trevor himself begins to doubt when his "pay it forward" plan seems to founder on a combination of bad luck and the worst of human nature.

In the end, Pay It Forward is the story of seemingly ordinary people made extraordinary by the simple faith of a child. In the tradition of the successful and inspirational television show Touched by an Angel, and the phenomenally successful novel and film Forrest GumpPay It Forward is a work of charm, wit, and remarkable inspiration, a story of hope for today and for many tomorrows to come




No comments:

Post a Comment